eBay Brand Protection
Protect Your Brand On eBay
eBay Brand Protection With eEnforce
It seems everyone these days wants to list their products on eBay. And it makes sense! eBay is an incredibly successful online marketplace, with huge potential for sales and profits. In fact,
eBay has become the second-largest eCommerce retailer by selling over 66% of all online retail sales. That makes for a very large potential market for your brand to target.
With more than 182 Million eBay Users and 1.4 billion live listings, the need for eBay brand protection has grown substantially over the past few years. Because of this popularity and thriving market, we have seen a surge in illicit activity impacting brands, regardless if they are selling online or not.
How Brands are Being Affected by eBay Unauthorized Sellers:
Many brands are experiencing adverse impacts created by eBay sellers that are:
- Harming relationships with authorized retailers. Authorized sellers will avoid working with your brand if unauthorized sellers and counterfeiters are negatively affecting sales.
- Diluting your brand’s reputation. By selling low-quality products, counterfeiters wreak havoc on your brand’s reputation. The result is that a customer purchases what they think is your brand’s product, only to become disappointed by it’s low-quality. The unsatisfied customer then leaves a disgruntled review for your brand’s products. This leads to an ugly cycle of losing sales.
- Harming your profit and sales margins. It’s difficult to turn a profit, much less make a sale, when customers consistently have the option of buying your products for a lower MAP price.
- Selling counterfeit or knock-off products. Counterfeit or knock-off products are almost always made with cheap materials. Again, the result is almost always unsatisfied customers and lost business.
- Causing difficulties in controlling MAP pricing. By unauthorized sellers on eBay selling your brand’s products for a lower MAP pricing amount, this causes pricing mayhem.
Again, the above issues are not just affecting brands selling on eBay. They are even affecting brands that are not listing any products on eBay. Think about it like this: A customer wants to purchase a product your brand sells. They look on your website listings and other authorized distributors’ listings. But the lowest price they find online is actually from an unauthorized seller on eBay. The customer does what makes sense – they buy from the eBay seller since they can save money. Now you have lost that customer. Multiply that loss by hundreds of thousands (if not millions) and you can see the potential for damage to your brand.
With eBay brand protection from eEnforce, you can put a stop to losing customers to these unauthorized sellers and counterfeiters.
Does eBay Offer eBay Brand Protection?
To help reduce unauthorized sellers on the eBay platform, eBay has a Verified Rights Owner Program. This was created as a place for sellers to report listings or product pages that might infringe on your brand’s intellectual property rights.
eBay lists the following as “ineligible reasons to report a listing”:
- Wanting to control where a product is resold by trying to enforce contracts or distribution of goods to authorized sellers (selective distribution).
- Not allowing the sale if items are below a controlled price point (minimum advertised pricing or MAP).
- Any terms a brand puts into their contracts that controls the way items are resold (contractual issues).
- Government-controlled items that are illegal to sell (regulatory compliance issues).
The fact that eBay considers these above reasons as “ineligible” reasons to report a rights violation might come off as surprising to you, but this is actually quite common with eCommerce platforms. They have a tendency to favor the unauthorized sellers since they are selling actual products. eBay isn’t necessarily concerned if that product is under your brand and that the distributor is unauthorized or if the product is counterfeited.
Unless of course, you can prove their identity. This is where eEnforce comes in to help with your eBay brand protection.
How eEnforce Can Help eBay Brand Protection
At eEnforce we take eBay Brand Protection seriously. Since 2012 we have been protecting brands that range from Global Household Names to smaller niche players who have built significant traction through eCommerce sales. eBay brand protection is our specialty.
We can help protect your brand by:
- Helping your brand develop a comprehensive enforcement strategy.
- Identifying the real identities of unauthorized sellers, and counterfeiters behind the store names on eBay down to their social security and EIN levels. This includes Name, Address, Phone Number and email.
- Sending out legal notifications in volume directly to the exposed seller at their home or business approved by the brand.
- Forcing the seller off the platform for federal trademark infringement your brands trademark.
- Ensuring they don’t return.
- Building your brand’s enforcement credibility against unauthorized sellers and counterfeiters.
Get Your Brand Protected on eBay
Regardless of whether or not your brand sells products on eBay, eBay brand protection is needed. At eEnforce, we take action to make sure your brand is protected and put a stop to unauthorized eBay sellers.
eEnforce has been helping companies ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies find the real identities of imposter sellers for the last decade. We are the only online protection and enforcement firm that maintains the legal license and capabilities to identify unauthorized eBay sellers. We can even locate them down to their EIN or social security number and take legal action against violators of a brand’s trademark.
In a collaboration between intelligence-based technology and licensed investigators, your business is being protected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with eEnforce. MAP pricing, product distribution, quality control, and your bottom line are safe from eBay hijackers with our services. We uphold your brand’s reputation so that you can focus on what you do best: making your product and building your brand.
Not only is eEnforce one of the fastest-growing eCommerce protection services in the world, but we’re the only company that offers a 30-day risk-free trial. Let us help you keep your brand protected on Amazon.
Since 2011, eEnforce™ has provided eCommerce protection for brands seeking permanent solutions to stopping unauthorized sellers and other online, intellectual property violators.
We are able to find, identify, track and permanently remove unauthorized sellers on marketplaces and private websites. In fact we are able to help your brand get an average of 94%+ control over your MAP pricing in the first 90-180 days depending on the severity of your brands supply chain-leakage.
We augment your brand’s team with our expertise, advanced intelligence & investigative tools, and bandwidth expansion to allow you to regain control over your online, eCommerce channels.