Amazon Brand Protection: Protecting the worlds most valued brands since 2011
Protect Your Brand On Amazon
Amazon Brand Protection With eEnforce
Amazon has become the largest eCommerce retailer by accounting for more than 49% of all online retail sales. With that, Amazon has recruited over 2,000,000 third-party sellers to compete against brands selling online. Amazon’s strategy is to sell the most product at the cheapest price, with the fastest delivery. This model helped Amazon rack up over 114 Billion in third-party-sales in 2019. Utilizing Amazon’s marketplace is good for business, and Amazon brand protection is paramount to long-term success.
With so many daily users of Amazon for products ranging from toiletries to high-definition TVs, the need for Amazon brand protection continues to grow with each passing year. Because of the ubiquity and undeniable popularity of this thriving market, we have also seen a different kind of surge in the form of illicit activity impacting brands of all industries.
How Brands are Being Affected by Amazon Unauthorized Sellers and Counterfeiters:
Many brands are experiencing adverse impacts created by Amazon sellers that are:
- Harming relationships with authorized retailers. Authorized sellers will avoid working with your brand if unauthorized sellers or counterfeiters are negatively impacting the market and their bottom line.
- Diluting your brand’s reputation. By selling low-quality products, counterfeiters tarnish your brand’s reputation. Customers buy what they think is your product, only to receive a low-quality and false representation of your brand. The unsatisfied customer will typically leave a negative review, shaping a negative image for future customers. This leads to an ugly cycle of losing sales.
- Harming your profit and sales margins. It’s difficult to turn a profit, much less make a sale, when customers consistently have the option of buying your products for prices below your MAP standards.
- Selling counterfeit or knock-off products. Counterfeit or knock-off products are almost always made with cheap materials. Again, the result is almost always unsatisfied customers and lost business.
- Causing difficulties in controlling MAP pricing. By unauthorized sellers on Amazon selling your brand’s products for a lower MAP pricing amount, this causes pricing mayhem. Your authorized sellers have no choice but to follow suit, creating yet another endless cycle of floundering profit margins and souring relationships with your trusted vendors.
The above issues are not just affecting brands selling on Amazon. They are even affecting brands that are not listing any products on Amazon. For example, you go on vacation and you see an article of clothing you like in a store. You look at the price tag, and it’s not uncommon to think to yourself, “Hmm, maybe I can find this for cheaper online.” The truth is, more often than not, you can. And typically, Amazon is going to be the least expensive option, with free 2-day shipping no less. This scenario happens every single day. Begin multiplying the hundreds of lost weekly sales by weeks in a year and the picture turns grim.
With Amazon brand protection from eEnforce, you can put a stop to losing customers to these unauthorized sellers and counterfeiters.
Does Amazon offer Amazon Brand Protection?
To help reduce unauthorized sellers on the Amazon platform, Amazon has Amazon Brand Registry. This was created as a means of reducing Amazon’s counterfeit problem. In order to qualify for Amazon brand protection via Amazon Brand Registry, you must first have a registered trademark. However, brand registry is completely ineffective against unauthorized sellers of legitimate products.
In addition to helping you report counterfeit sellers, the Brand Registry program offers a few other perks, like access to Enhanced Brand Content (top-quality marketing tools that help your brand’s listing stand out), access to the Early Reviewer Program, and access to the Global Catalog Identifier (GCID). Having a GCID is good for consistency across all the Amazon marketplaces, as you have a unique product identifier for each one.
They advertise, as well, that being a part of the Amazon Brand Registry makes it easier to report infringements of the intellectual property rights of your trademarked brand. However, it does not block unauthorized sellers from being able to hijack your products, and it does not prevent listing contributions from being added by unwanted agents.
In other words, while the Amazon Brand Registry does provide your brand with enhanced legitimacy, it does not close the loopholes that amazon hijackers are using every day. Amazon still has an interest in protecting seller’s rights, legitimate or otherwise. And you’re still left playing what many describe as a “whack-a-mole” game with unauthorized sellers that keep popping up after you report them.
This is where eEnforce comes in to help with your Amazon brand protection. With eEnforce, the “whack-a-mole” game is no more. Once the culprits are found, they are dealt with for good using our patented technology and team of licensed professionals.
How eEnforce Can Help Amazon Brand Protection
At eEnforce we take Amazon brand protection seriously. Since 2012 we have been protecting brands that range from Global Household Names to smaller niche players who have built significant traction through eCommerce sales. Amazon brand protection is our specialty.
We can help protect your brand by:
- Helping your brand develop a comprehensive enforcement strategy.
- Identifying the real identities of unauthorized sellers, and counterfeiters behind the store names on Amazon down to their social security and EIN levels. This includes Name, Address, Phone Number and email.
- Sending out legal notifications in volume directly to the exposed seller at their home or business approved by the brand.
- Forcing the seller off the platform for federal trademark infringement your brand’s trademark.
- Ensuring they don’t return.
- Building your brand’s enforcement credibility against unauthorized sellers and counterfeiters.
Get Your Brand Protected on Amazon
Regardless of whether or not your brand is sold on Amazon, Amazon brand protection is needed for the longevity of your business. At eEnforce, we take action to make sure your brand is protected and put a stop to unauthorized Amazon sellers and counterfeiters who try to undercut your business.
eEnforce has been helping companies ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies find the real identities of imposter sellers for the last decade. We are the only online protection and enforcement firm that maintains the legal license and capabilities to identify unauthorized Amazon sellers. We can even locate them down to their EIN or social security number and take legal action against violators of a brand’s trademark.
In a collaboration between intelligence-based technology and licensed investigators, your business is being protected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with eEnforce. MAP pricing, product distribution, quality control, and your bottom line are safe from Amazon hijackers with our services. We uphold your brand’s reputation so that you can focus on what you do best: making your product and building your brand.
Not only is eEnforce one of the fastest growing eCommerce protection services in the world, but we’re the only company that offers a 30-day risk-free trial. Let us help you keep your brand protected on Amazon.
Since 2011, eEnforce™ has provided eCommerce protection for brands seeking permanent solutions to stopping unauthorized sellers and other online, intellectual property violators.
We are able to find, identify, track and permanently remove unauthorized sellers on marketplaces and private websites. In fact we are able to help your brand get an average of 94%+ control over your MAP pricing in the first 90-180 days depending on the severity of your brands supply chain-leakage.
We augment your brand’s team with our expertise, advanced intelligence & investigative tools, and bandwidth expansion to allow you to regain control over your online, eCommerce channels.